The Swedish Vallhund Society Open Show 2019
I would like to thank the committee of the Swedish Vallhund Society for inviting me to judge their Open Show at Baginton Village Hall. This is a breed very close to my heart and it was a great honour.
I found my main winners in BIS Ch Mystarz Lavish Loitsu to Pepperthyme, RBIS Starvon Cryptic Spyder and BVIS Ch Peakdreams Kinder Scout at Thorjakker. There were no puppies entered.
I personally feel we are losing size and substance and also losing depth of colour, although all shades of grey are acceptable I do like to see a darker shade than some are.
All exhibits had correct dentition.
VETERAN DOG (4)
1. Sibleys Ch Peakdreams Kinder Scout at Thorjakker. 13 year old dog in ex condition and very fond of his own voice today and why not. Just letting everyone know he is having a great day. Good wedged shaped head, ear placement and dark eye. Excellent front and shoulders, level topline kept on the move and powered round the ring soundly. Good harness markings and great attitude. BVD and BVIS
2. Amons Ch Swed Ch Fin Svedala Billy Busvader at Pepperthyme (imp swe). 8Year old dog with good wedge head dark eyes and ear placement. Strong neck and well muscled. Well off for bone with a level top line kept on the move. Thought today his front movement was not as good as first but rear was sound.
3. Peacock-Jacksons Ch Pepperthyme Golden Noble at Kirkholme. 8 year old dog slightly lighter in build to 1 & 2 but a good head and dark eye with well placed ears. Good length of neck into well placed shoulders. Level top line again kept on the move and well muscled. Moved soundly.
JUNIOR DOG (1)
1. Jones Tanellis Bloomin William. 15 month lovely young dog who does fill the eye. Starting to go through that typical junior stage we all know about. Lovely masculine head and dark eye with good reach of neck into a level top line which he keeps on the move. Excellent front and in hard condition. Lovely typical markings and moved very soundly. He had the best feet of the day. Should have a great future and will watch him with interest. RBD
GRADUATE DOG (1)
1.Pallatina Starvon Ddark Knight at Vallitneya. Nearly 2 year old dog who is still developing. In very hard condition. Good head and dark eye but would prefer a more defined mask. Good reach of neck and level top line carried well on the move. Very sound and powerful rear.
POST GRADUATE DOG (3)
1. Peacock-Jacksons Starvon Double Agent at Kirkholme. 2 Year old dog who is still developing as he should be. Good wedge head with dark eyes and well placed ears. Good reach of neck into well placed shoulders. Level top line and well placed tail. Nicely boned and of good size. Moved soundly.
2. Pallatinas Starvon the Dark Knight – remarks as for Graduate Dog.
3. Drinkwaters Mastokk De Jammokk (imp Fra).3 year old dog who has a very happy nature. Smaller in size than the others but has a nice wedge shaped head and well placed ears. Would prefer a darker eye but had good face mask. Front is not quite his fortune but is well off for bone and is well ribbed. Moved well.
LIMIT DOG (1)
1. Drinkwaters Galerita Goji Berrie. 2 year old dog with a lovely head and well placed ears. Would prefer a darker eye but good facial mask. Level topline and moved well. In good condition.
OPEN DOG (3)
These 3 dogs are all very young and will no doubt change places many times before they are mature. Just my preference on the day.
1. Perry and Etches Starvon Cryptic Spyda. 2 year old dog who is developing very nicely. Good wedged shaped head and strong under jaw. Dark eyes with lovely gentle expression and well placed ears. Would like a shade more neck but has well placed shoulder and a good front assembly. Well up for rib. Level top line and well placed stub tail on a gently sloping croup. Excellent markings throughout and good well knuckled feet. Excellent condition and moved powerfully around he ring. Was pleased to award him BD and RBIS.
2. Stockbridges Ch Valladar Call of Duty. 2 year old dog a little heavier boned than 1 but that does not detract from a good overall type. Very masculine head with dark eye and well placed ears. Good facial mask and length of neck into well placed shoulders. I thought him a little short in the rib but has a strong level top line kept on the move. Which he did powerfully around the ring.
3. Pallatinas Ch Staron All Eyes on Me at Valltineya. 3.5. year old red dog who was very alert to his handler. Good head, dark eye and good facial markings. Nice length of neck into well placed shoulders and good front. Felt his top line and croup a little unsettled on the move today but stands well in profile. Excellent condition and moved powerfully.
RBIS/BEST DOG - STARVON CRYPTIC SPYDA
RES BEST DOG - TANELLIS BLOOMIN WILLIAM
BVIS/BEST VETERAN DOG - CH PEAKDREAMS KINDERSCOT AT THORJAKKER
VETERAN BITCH (3)
1. Drinkwaters Ch Candace Sea of Dreams at Trykeira. 10.5 year old bitch with a feminine head, good mask and dark eye. Strong underjaw. Excellent length of neck into a good front. Level topline and good spring of rib. Well boned with powerful rear movement and in excellent condition BVB
2. Amons Ch Onderaan De Gele Berg Ylra at Pepperthyme. 12 year old bitch. Paler in colour but with defined markings and dark eye. A very happy girl in good condition. Level top line, good feet but would prefer a little more animation.
3. Stockbridges Thorjakker Topsy turvy at Valladar. 7 year old girl who was a little unhappy to be shown today. Lovely type of bitch with feminine head, dark eye and good mask. Level top line and sound. Maybe a tad too much weight?
GRADUATE BITCH (2)
1. Zbilut and Yacomen Starvon Deja Vu. Nearly 2 year old bitch who is still developing. Nice dark eye but slightly round in shape. Well placed ears and very attentive to her young handler who did a good job. Good reach of neck into good shoulder placement. Level topline and well placed tail. Moved soundly and powerfully round the ring.
2. Pzienzas Pepperthyme Cloud Burst. 4 year old bitch who was in the ring for the first time. Her owner did a good job on this typey bitch who was not happy inside. Feminine head and good mask with a dark eye. Well used ears. Level top line and in ex condition. Am sure with a bit more practise she would move better.
POST GRADUATE BITCH (2)
1. Philips Katrina De Fumees Du Nord (imp Bel) 7.5. year old typey bitch. Feminine head and dark eyes with a good ear set. Nice reach of neck into well placed shoulders. Level top line and nicely off for bone. Well up for rib. Moved soundly. This bitch has improved quite a bit since I last saw her.
2. Hackneys Starvon Dreams are Maid 2 year old bitch who is still developing. Nice head but has a slightly round lightish eye. Good reach of neck but her top line was a little unsettled today. Very fit and moved well but would prefer more defined markings.
LIMIT BITCH (2)
1. Days Starvon Ziva 4.5 year old feminine bitch. Very typey with good length of neck into well placed shoulders. Level top line and well placed tail set. Nicely off for bone and good feet. Moved strongly and soundly. Pleased to award her RBB
2. Drinkwaters Trykeira Daleesha. Another good typey bitch of 3.5 years. Good wedge head and dark eye. Strong under jaw, good length of neck but a little unsettled in her top line today. Good bone and condition. Moved soundly.
OPEN BITCH (3,2)
1. Amons Ch Mystarz Lavish Loitsu to Pepperthyme. 3 year old bitch of lovely type. Feminine head, dark eye and excellent mask. Good length of neck into well placed shoulders. Lovely front assembly and forechest. Level top line kept on the move which although sound could be a little more animated. Very happy girl with good feet. Please to award her BB and BIS
2. Philips Ch Starvon Willamina. Very typey 8 year old bitch. Feminine wedge head and v dark eyes. Good length of neck into good shoulders and forechest. Level top line and well placed tail set. In good condition and move well.
BIS/BEST BITCH - CH MYSRZ LAVISH LOITSU AT PEPPERTHYME
RBB - STARON ZIVA
BVB - CH CANDACE SEA OF DREAMS AT TRYKEIRA
Special Award Classes
PG D/B (4-0)
1st Zbilut & Yacomen's Starvon Deja Vu. Very lovely b. Good head shape and stop, good ear and eye shape. Felt she could be a tad broader across the muzzle for perfection. Excellent outline with good reach of neck and depth of chest. Good bone and feet with a well muscled rear. Moved freely from all sides.
2nd Pallantina's Starvon Dark Knight At Valltineya. A handsome d. Looking good in the stand with a good head shape, reach of neck and level topline. A well muscled body supported on strong legs and correct feet. Would prefer slightly more depth to chest which would have tightened up his front movement.
3rd Phillips' Katrina Des Fumees Du Nord (Imp Bel)
O D/B (8-1)
1st Stockbridge's Ch Valladar Call Of Duty. d. Ex outline. Good, wedge shaped head with correct stop, eye and ear. Good reach of neck into correct front assembly with a good spring of rib and correct depth of chest with a solid topline. Well muscled and moving freely from all sides.
2nd Pallantina's Ch Starvon All Eyes On Me At Valltineya. Another handsome dog and similar remarks apply. Ex outline, good head shape, eye and ear. Correct front assembly and depth of chest. Well muscled and moved freely. Just preferred top line of 1.
3rd Day's Starvon Ziva.
Judge: Catherine Buecheler.